The 59th Session of the Oklahoma State Legislature is in full swing and there are a few key bills
that we are tracking:
SB669/HB2114 - Driver’s Licenses for Taxpayers
- SB669 passed out of the Senate Aeronautics and Transportation committee (7-5) on Tuesday, February 28.
- HB2114 Passed out of the House Judiciary-Civil Committee (6-3) on deadline day, Thursday, March 2. You can watch Rep. Martinez, the new house author, present the bill at the House Committee meeting here.
- With support from Law Enforcement and the Farm Bureau, these bills have a great chance to pass. ACTION leaders went to the Capitol on March 6th to talk with their legislators about why this legislation is good for our families.
SB241 - Ending the Ban on Property Registries
- SB241 passed out of the Senate Committee on General Government 8-2.
- Leaders from the United Tenants of Tulsa made their first appearance at the Oklahoma State Capitol telling stories on how repealing the ban on property registries would benefit families and were received well by our Tulsa legislators.
HB2109 - Tenant Anti-retaliation Protection
- HB2109 passed the House Judiciary-Civil Committee on February 16, 10-0.
- To stay alive, these bills must get a hearing on the floor of the chamber where they originated by Thursday, March 23.