The mission of United Tenants of Tulsa is to build community and collective power to improve the lives of Tulsa tenants.
Why form a Tenant Association?
In Tulsa and across Oklahoma, tenants are suffering from a number of issues that affect their living situations, including:
- Lack of safe, affordable housing
- Poor property upkeep
- Lacking legal protections
- Loneliness and displacement
- Scarce accommodations for disabled residents
- Other economic and systemic issues
Currently, the most powerful voices in housing policy represent landowner interests.
It's time for tenants to have a seat at the table, too.
People are our priority. We are a grassroots community of tenants building solidarity and power from the ground up to change policy and self-advocate.
We accomplish this through:
- Cultivating relationships across lines of difference
- Highlighting the stories and struggles of tenants in the Tulsa area
- Developing tenants to be changemakers through mentorship, civic education, and leadership training
- Raising funds through dues, donations, and grants